The spectrometer BodySPEC-C (chair-type) or Whole Body Counter (WBC) is intended for studying the energy distribution of gamma radiation, identify gamma-emitting radionuclides and also for measuring the activity of gamma-emitting radionuclides incorporated in the whole body, lungs and thyroid gland of a man.
Spectrometer is a stationary laboratory measuring instrument, which also can be placed in a special vehicle of a transportable laboratory.
The operation principle of spectrometers is based on the registration of gamma-quanta emitted by radionuclides contained in the human’s body by an appropriate type of detector, which outputs an electrical impulse with amplitude, which is proportional to the energy of the detected gamma-quantum.
The spectrometer BodySPEC-C is calibrated by whole body phantoms (universal or anthropomorphic) or using by software MCC-MT (Monte-Carlo simulation).
- multichannel analyzer BINOM (or MCA-527 or MD254);
- scintillation gamma-ray detectors based on crystal NaI(Tl) for measuring a body: BDEG-76-76 (2 pcs.) or BDEG-150-100 (1 pcs.);
- scintillation gamma-ray detectors based on crystal LaBr3(Ce) for measuring a body: BDEG-76-76-LB or BDEG-63-63-LB (2 pcs.);
- detector based on HPGe : DH-20, DH-30 and etc.
- scintillation gamma-ray detectors based on crystal NaI(Tl) for measuring thyroid gland: BDEG-25-25(1 pcs.);
- collimator and holder;
- vertical pillar;
- power supply adapter;
- protective lead shield;
- software for spectrometric analysis ASW2;